Coffee remains one of the most-traded commodities in the world. The most popular, Arabica coffee, accounts for 60 percent of the market, while Robusta accounts for the other 40 percent.
Grown at altitudes above 1,000 meters, Arabica coffee is primarily sourced from Brazil. For the heartier Robusta variety, Vietnam is the leading producer.
Currently, one-third of coffee production is certified. But increasing market pressure has pushed producers to adapt to consumer demands for product quality, sustainability, and traceability.